Serve - 12 people
- For the icing
- 300ml wipped cream50g sugar1tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until pale. Beat in the eggs a little at a time and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour using a large metal spoon, adding a little milk until the mixture is of a dropping consistency. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases until they are half full.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until golden-brown on top and a skewer inserted into one of the cakes comes out clean. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes, then remove from the tin and cool on a wire rack.
For the icing, beat the wipped cream with the sugar and vanilla extract in a large bowl until soft.
Decorate these cupcakes with this delicious icing.